Sunday 3 August 2014

Stay Calm, Don't Be Stressed!

My post yesterday was about enjoying each day because we are not promised tomorrow. We can not enjoy each day if we are stressed all of the time. We don't have to be stressed out though. We have a choice in this. We can't fix everything although, sometimes it feels like we may have to. We can't. Stop thinking that way if you feel like this. I used to feel this way all of the time and at times I almost begin thinking like that again but,  I have become aware of it when it happens so, I think to myself and sometimes I have to say out loud that it isn't in my hands. I have to allow God to take care of this and let it go. It is very encouraging when we know that He will take care of our situations but, we have to trust Him and have faith. 

Encouraging Scriptures (NLT) :
James 1:2-4 Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. 3, For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. 4, So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.

Proverbs 3:5,6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. 6, Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.

Psalm 16:8  I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.

Of course there is many more encouraging words to read in the Bible but these are a few to try to read and read to help with encouragement...


No comments:

Post a Comment