Monday 25 May 2015

Don't Judge

People are constantly judging people everyday. It's funny because they don't want others to judge them but they are judging others themselves. Since becoming a Christian and trying to live as the new me, I've been watching who my close friends are because I want to be sure that I surround myself with positive people that aren't going to try bringing me down but, am I being judgmental? I find it very difficult because I feel like I am bring judged by the people that I would love to be friends with and grow in my faith with. Why is it so difficult to have healthy relationships? Can it be because nobody trusts me because I am a new Christian? Do I have to watch everything I say to people because they may get offended or they are judging me by what I am saying? So many people speak to me at church but that is as far as it goes. I see church faces and 'we should get together' but that is all. I feel very judged at the place most would think you wouldn't be judged. I know I am worthy and I know it is their issue that they must be so judgmental. Perhaps there is no room in their circle of friends. Perhaps I don't have a nice house or nice car or a wonderful job like they have. I am thankful that I have a place to live and a car that drives me to work each day. I have had a rough life for most of my life especially when I had to grow up when I was just 15 years old because I became pregnant and from there till about 28 years old I lived a pretty wild life full of sin from drugs, alcohol, promiscuity, homosexuality and more...That was the old me. I am grateful that God has forgiven me for everything and that He loves me unconditionally regardless of what I have or don't have. I love God so much! 
     I have come to the conclusion that the best thing I can do to gain meaningful relationships that actually grow is to pray about it. I have to ask God to help bring the right people in front of me. I have to trust in God more and allow Him to do His work instead of myself trying so hard to be friends with everybody and getting hardly any results in return. I am a child of God and deserve the best of friends for sure, everybody does! God wants us to love everybody and not judge because we will be judged. So next time when someone asks for you to join them for a coffee maybe you should be glad to join them even if your schedule is really busy, make time, spend 30 minutes if that's all you have at that time. It can mean the world to that person. Don't think you are better than anybody. We are supposed to be lifting people up, not bringing them down. We are supposed to be encouraging others, not discouraging. So, next time a new friend asks for some company, don't judge!

Matthew 7:1-2 NLT
"Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. For you will be treated as you treat others. The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged.

John 7:24 KJV
 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Psalms 32:10 KJV
Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the Lord, mercy shall compass him about.

Remember to subscribe to my blog or google + me to get updates from my blog. If you know of somebody that would like to read my blog please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment