Thursday 29 January 2015

Sowing A Seed

     It wasn't until recently that I've come to notice when a seed was sown in my life. Before I came to Christ I lived a lot differently then I do now of course. I often longed for people's approval. I was always trying to get everybody to like me. I would do just about anything to fit in with certain groups of people. If somebody didn't like me, I would get offended. I would try to figure out why this person didn't like me. What did I do to them? I thought I was a "likable" person, I would think there must be something wrong with me. At times, I would become so consumed with this that it would cause me to complain for days and sometimes I would end up in a depression state. I would have a "poor me" attitude. I would begin looking at all of my flaws. I would start complaining about everything and anything. It would be hard for me to have a good attitude because I was so far into my head, I just couldn't focus on anything else. 
    One day I was speaking to a friend (actually I should say complaining) and she suggested a book for me to read. It was by Joyce Meyer. I had no clue who Joyce Meyer was at this time, I never heard her name before this day. The book was called, How To Overcome Being A People Pleaser. Well, after I began reading this book it began changing the way I thought right away. Such a great book for anybody that has these types of issues. Not too long after I read that book I began watching Joyce Meyer on television. I love the way she is so outspoken. She doesn't soften anything. I needed this! Not too long after I read her book I became a Christian. Other things happened in between to help lead me there but, my friend sowed the seed by giving me Joyce Meyer's book to read. From there Jesus helped lead me to watching her shows to learn more about Him, getting water baptized, wanting more and more of the Lord each day that passes by. I feel so good after I read the Word, pray, listen to some Christian music, or even after I watch a Godly show on the television. Now, I know the things I must do anytime I start feeling insecure or any type of fear. I have to speak to Jesus. I know I shouldn't feel insecure about anything and have no fear because He does not want me or anybody out there to feel them negative spirits. Them negative spirits do not come from The Lord and I know that now.
     I am so thankful for that friend for sowing a seed in my life. She didn't know what would happen when she gave me that book. She didn't know if I would actually read it. I'm sure she didn't know that my life would begin changing either from that point. It began changing slowly and still is each day. I believe we can all do the same type of thing in another's life. We can sow a seed without even knowing that we are doing so at that moment. If we all walk in love and try helping others, this could be all it may take. Even doing what my friend did that day by giving me a Christian book to read. We can help someone by inviting them to church, showing them a really uplifting Christian song, praying with them, listening to them at that moment of being in a dark place in their life. There are so many different ways we can help others. We have to remember that all we are to do is sow a seed. When we do sow a seed, chances are later down the road them people we helped are likely to help others and it will become a chain reaction. How awesome is that? Things are not going to start changing on our time. It will be on God's time. We have to sow a seed and leave it to God. We can't sit around and continue to try to fix or figure things out because it isn't our job. It is God's job. We can make ourselves sick if we do try to fix everything. Just leave it to God and see what happens. God knows what everybody needs and we have to allow Him to do His work in us.

Luke 8:11 (KJV)
Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.

2 Corinthians 9:6 (KJV)
But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.

Psalms 107:37 (KJV)
And sow the fields, and plant vineyards, which may yield fruits of increase.

No comments:

Post a Comment