Monday 28 July 2014

Ask And You Shall Receive

I used to always here this quote before I became a Christian but I didn't quite get it. I do now because I have had great things happen because I believe and have faith that God will help me. I will share a little personal experience I have had and know that it was God that helped me. But first you should read what Jesus says in (NLT) Matthew 7:7-8 , 7, Keep on asking, and you shall receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. 8, For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.

I was in a very hard place not too long ago and was left by myself with my 2 kids because my husband had some addiction problems at that time that he chose. He is fine now thanks to God; I prayed a lot for him while he was gone. But that is not what I wanted to speak about. When he left me at this time, he had most of the money. I wasn't making very much money and rent was due soon and I didn't have much of it. I prayed for help with the finances so I can pay the rent. The morning that the rent was due, I told my son because he is almost twenty years old (he understands), I told him how I am not sure about how I will come up with the rest of the rent. Later on that day, a customer (I clean homes for a living), decided to start paying me by the month. I couldn't believe that it happened that way because it was so unexpected. I was cleaning for these people for months and then this day they decided to start paying me by the month. So I ended up having enough for rent after all. For sure, God made this happen. He has such perfect timing and He knows what we need. I asked Him for help and He helped. I shouldn't had worried the way I did but this sure helped my faith grow that day. If you have any comments on this or also have something you would like to share, I would love to hear. Thanks for reading this and I hope you enjoyed reading this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment