Monday 14 September 2015

Don't Put All Focus On Money

 So many times I start worrying about money and my mind starts going crazy. I would worry about if I'm going to have enough money for this and have enough for that... It wasn't a good feeling. It's not a good feeling when you want to buy something and you know that if you buy this item you may not have enough for another item you may need next week. That's why I wanted to write this post titled "Don't put all your focus on money".

We shouldn't worry about money at all. Yes, I know this is hard at times but God does not want us worrying about anything at all because He will provide. When we are starting a new business, it is simple to start thinking about money all the time. If we are worrying half the time then we won't be able to do much of anything else because our mind won't be in the right spot. When focusing only on money many things can happen with us such as:
  • we can't focus on anything else
  • we become easily irritated
  • we may isolate from others
  • we get angry
  • we can lose close friends or family

As for myself, I notice when I don't think about money, more money comes my way. I have a small cleaning business. Sometimes it's slow especially when I seem to be worrying about money (now that I think about it). But, like I said when I'm not thinking about next week or money, I make more money. Ironic huh? No, it's God. He is telling me to stop worrying about "worldly" things because money is of the world.

Worrying about things is only wasted energy. It is no good for our health and can cause us to become weary. Worrying doesn't accomplish anything. When you start to worry, start to pray instead. Be thankful for everything that you have and let the Lord know that you are leaving it all to Him because He knows everything. He has a plan and wants us to trust in Him. He is our provider.

Matthew 6:34 (AMPLIFIED)
So do not worry or be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will have worries and anxieties of it's own. Sufficient for each day is its own trouble.

Philippians 4:6 (AMPLIFIED)
Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment